Sunday 27 March 2011

friends doing stuff…

See this article online about my friend Annabelle! Or read below. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her in the Mirror online…looking stunning as always :) Go Annie!

annie "The dress may look familiar, but the brunette modelling it is new.

And while Kate Middleton is likely to hang on to the Issa dress she wore to announce her engagement to Prince William, Annabel Titmuss – who won exactly the same dress in our ­competition – won’t be holding on to hers. ­

Annabel would love to keep it, but she’s ­planning to put it up for auction to raise funds for the charity that supported her in her battle with ovarian cancer three years ago.

“I absolutely love the dress,” says Annabel, who at 29 is the same age as Kate and ­William. “It’s gorgeous and very classy.

“I really enjoyed modelling it for the picture. It’s really flattering and I think it would suit most body shapes. But selling it is my way of saying thank you to Ovacome, who helped me so much when I was ill.”

Annabel, a nurse who lives in Crewe, was just 26 when she was diagnosed.

“My husband James and I had been trying for a baby for some time and nothing was happening so I went for some tests.

“It was during the fertility ­examinations that they found the cancer.”

Annabel had to have a full ­hysterectomy and her ovaries were removed. She then had to undergo six months of chemotherapy. Happily she has now been in ­remission for two and a half years.

“I couldn’t have won the dress at a better time as it’s actually Ovarian ­Cancer Awareness Month, and Ovacome are in the process of setting up a support group for younger women,” she said.

“Ovarian cancer is more common in older women who have had their families, but when you are diagnosed young, as I was, there is obviously the issue of infertility.”

Annabel plans to auction the dress online on eBay, hoping to raise some much-needed funds to help the charity.

“I am so glad I entered this competition. I love Kate’s style – and I really like Kate and William as a couple.”

1 comment:

  1. great post.....she looks lovely...hoping it brings in lots of cash!!!! Love reading your posts...they are so uplifting....

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to comment on anything in this blog, or share your own thoughts, feel free, I would love to hear from you.