Friday 15 January 2010

enough with this waiting now!

Every morning, the FH brings me a coffee in bed. I may have mentioned this before. It's my treat. Every single day. Without fail. It's one of those things that is so delightful that I never wake up without thinking 'yay'! I think if I woke up and the coffee wasn't there I would think he'd died!

So. What? Ah yes. This morning was a little different. The FH was in a state of High Dudgeon. Unusual for him. Usually he is very calm. Turns out he was rather peeved [this is an understatement!]  because I STILL haven't had  a letter from Renninson to tell me when my pre-op appointment is, nor when my surgery is. Hmm. A husband who is stressed and worried is not a good thing. Action stations! I am not sure why, but since Tuesday I have been quite chilled about the 'Situation'.

Actually, I have been strangely calm. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not. I feel almost disassociated. At first I was shocked, upset and afraid. Oh – I was also quite furious at the thought of having to go through chemo blah de blah again. I think it took me 3 weeks to get my head around it. Christmas was a blur. But this week I came 'back'.  Odd. But there you go. Nothing much odder than a cancery type I think – well, apart from Ugli Fruit.

so, this afternoon I rang my Clinical Nurse, Gail [she works for my surgeon, Mr Renninson] about the surgery and pre-operative appointment.

First, the GREAT NEWS is that they found NO other strange things on the MRI scan I had last week. The MRI scan is a lot more detailed than the CT scan I had in December, and I was a little worried that they might find ‘something’ somewhere else. Lungs, liver...whatever - you can imagine. But we are still with just that one little thing. So that is excellent!! woop woop!

Second, I will have the majority of the pre-op appointment by phone, done by a triage nurse. So I don’t have to go into the hospital for that. Also excellent.

Lastly, the surgery is scheduled for the 1st February. Which is only 2 weeks away. It could be delayed, but at least I am in the system. All good news so far. The FH is looking far more chipper, and that works for me.

I know I am a bit weird right now [my communication skills appear to have disappeared], but I am quite cheerful, pretty positive and hoping for scar tissue. Sorry – no amusing picture.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the MRI didn't show anything else! This surgery is going to be a breeze compared to the hysterectomy. I promise :)

    I'm glad you don't have to wait too long for the surgery. I know that the anticipation can be a pain!

    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know the scan turned up clean. I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to comment on anything in this blog, or share your own thoughts, feel free, I would love to hear from you.